Geelong, situated on Port Phillip Bay 75kms South-West of Melbourne, has long been known as a working class manufacturing city. But this image is transforming into a dynamic city with great lifestyle, thanks to economic diversification, affordability and the old real estate mantra, location, location, location.
Geelong is Victoria's second largest city with a population of approx 235,000 and is set to grow by 36.5% to over 320,000 in under 20 years and more than double in size to over 500,000 by 2050.
With Melbourne growing at an astonishing 125,000 people in 2016, its boundaries are exploding. To put that growth into perspective, at that rate, it will grow by a city the size of Adelaide in only 8 years. That is insatiable demand for new housing. The Victorian government understands the need to direct some of this massive growth to its second largest city Geelong. They have just doubled the FHOG to encourage buyers to relocate to Geelong.
A brand new city is also being built half way between Melbourne and Geelong called the Werribee East Employment zone. This state-of-the-art city will create approx 60,000 new jobs in the region.
Past and present Victorian government's, support Geelong's expansion through infrastructure spending and relocation of government agencies to Geelong. Funding has been provided to the health, education, agriculture and tourism industries providing thousands of more new jobs.
If you are looking for the right location to invest, Geelong represents all of the fundamentals for successful property investment. Population growth, jobs growth, infrastructure spending, affordability, low vacancy, and location, location, location!!
- $5 billion rail link was recently completed meaning commuters can catch a train from Geelong and be in Melbourne in under an hour
- Proposed Western Distributor project that is estimated to cut road travel times into Melbourne by 20 minutes, Geelong is set to be more like an outer suburb than a regional city
- Huge new shopping centre being built on the Surf Coast Highway approximately 5 minutes' drive
- Geelong CBD - 11 minutes
- Barwon Heads and Torquay 25mins south of Geelong - closest surf beaches to Melbourne
- Avalon Airport 20 minutes - set to become international, have a rail link and retail, industrial and commercial expansions creating thousands of new jobs
- Geelong features the most schools per capita in Australia great range of Primary and Secondary schools close by, including Mt Duneed Primary School and Geelong Lutheran College. Various public transport options for residents to easily access the numerous other schools in the area
This estate will be a vibrant community where lifestyle is paramount. Balanced street scapes connect seamlessly to the expansive open nature reserve as well as local amenity ensuring you have everything you need, right at your fingertips. This is a master-planned community development and designed to bring the balance of nature and lifestyle.
- Full Turnkey Total Package Price from $560,000
- Land size from 300m2 - Price from $280,000
- Build size from 197m2 - Price from $280,000
- 4 bed 2 bath DLUG
- Registration due May 2019
- Investor added upgrade inclusions:
- 2550mm Ceilings
- Stone bench tops & stainless steel appliances
- A/C to living
- Ducted heating
- Quality landscaping package
- Blinds in all rooms
Disclaimer: The information provided in this document is subject to change and does not form part of an offer or contract. While every care has been taken in the preparation of the document and is accurate at the time of publication, Investo Property accepts no responsibility or liability for changes, errors or omissions. Photographs, illustrations, site plans and floor plans are for presentation purposes and are indicative only. Interested parties should not rely on it for their own circumstances. Investo Property always recommends that separate legal, insurance, tax, financial and other advice relevant to individuals should be sought in relation to purchasing a property. All information is subject to change without notice.