Melbourne has been voted the world's most livable city for the seventh consecutive year (2017) by The Economist.
As at December 2017, the estimated population of Victoria was 6.385 million people, an increase of 143,400 or 2.3% pa.
In the same 12 months, Melbourne's population grew by 127,000 new residents or 2,440 people per week or 2.3% pa.
Exceeding the Australian national average population growth of 1.6% pa.
It is predicted that by 2050, Melbourne's population will be 8 million people. The same size that New York is today.
Because of the population growth, VIC Government is spending billions of dollars on infrastructure.
- $1.3 billion CityLink Tulla Widening Project - will increase capacity, reduce travel times and improve safety on CityLink and the Tullamarine Freeway
- $2.3 billion in 65 next-generation high capacity trains for the metropolitan network
- $2.4 billion in its 2015-16 budget towards level crossing removal works
- $10.9 billion Metro Tunnel project will enable more trains to run in and out of the city to cater for Melbourne's growth
- $440 million Murray Basin Rail Project will upgrade Victoria's freight network. The project will increase the capacity of these vital freight lines, enabling more cost-effective delivery of exports to Victoria's ports
- West Gate Tunnel Project is Melbourne's much needed major second river crossing. The project will create 6,000 new jobs
Why Brunswick West?
- Brunswick/Brunswick West represents excellent value in comparison to other suburbs of equal proximity to Melbourne CBD
- Brunswick West has started undergoing rapid gentrification with excellent bars, restaurants and cafes opening up in the area. This will pave the way for further gentrification in the short-term, by attracting young professionals based on the new and cool lifestyle offerings
- Brunswick West now has a very similar feel to Collingwood of three to four years ago, with bars, cafés and restaurants popping up in volume Collingwood has since enjoyed strong capital growth, with a capital growth rate of 16.52% in the past 12 months
- As gentrification increases so does capital growth, as demonstrated in other similar suburbs closer to the CBD. As each suburb gentrifies and property prices increase, buyers look to neighbouring suburbs creating a ripple effect
- Brunswick West’s property prices are yet to reflect the sharp increase in the number of professionals residing in the suburb. This would suggest strong capital growth is imminent
- Masses of white-collar residents are moving into Brunswick West which presents an affordable option only 4km’s from Melbourne’s CBD
- Melbourne University & RMIT both 12-minute commute
- Public transport to CBD — Albion Street tram stop (2 min walk), bus stop (30 sec walk), train stop (15 min walk) and bike trail (one min away) all that take you directly to the CBD. The Freeway is also very accessible and is a 4-minute commute
Why this development?
This development is expected to outperform surrounding projects from both a rental and resale perspective. With sophisticated yet practical interior design by Adele Bates Design, each residence has been designed with ‘a place for everything’ creating apartments superior in both style & functionality.
The amenity is unparalleled in any other project, with its own cafe, health retreat, landscaped outdoor kitchen & dining, bocce court, table tennis, business centre with wifi, private kitchen & dining room and an outdoor landscaped spa.
- 325 apartments across three buildings (Elm 95; Maple 115; Oak 115)
- Mix 1 & 2 bedrooms some with parking
- Health Club – commercial size & equipped
- Private dining room
- Two outdoor BBQ areas and two outdoor seating areas
- Bocce field, table tennis area, Spa
- Business Centre
- Café’/Restaurant - Axel Coffee Roasters provides a major drawcard as one of Melbourne’s preeminent Café Operators
Timeline: Due for completion mid-2020
- One Bed, One bath with parking $520,000
- Int: 53 – 55sqm Ext: 7 – 28sqm
- Two Bed, One bath with parking, $585,000 - $639,000
- Int: 63 – 90sqm Ext: 0 – 15sqm
- Two bed, two baths with parking, $585,000 - $609,000
- Int: 72 - 99sqm Ext: 0 - 11sqm
Disclaimer: The information provided in this document is subject to change and does not form part of an offer or contract. While every care has been taken in the preparation of the document and is accurate at the time of publication, Investo Property accepts no responsibility or liability for changes, errors or omissions. Photographs, illustrations, site plans and floor plans are for presentation purposes and are indicative only. Interested parties should not rely on it for their own circumstances. Investo Property always recommends that separate legal, insurance, tax, financial and other advice relevant to individuals should be sought in relation to purchasing a property. All information is subject to change without notice.